Deep Tech dive panel discussion, Fireside Interviews & Pitching Session
Thursday June 11th 2020
13:00 – 15:50 (Irish Time)
14:00 – 16:50 (CEST Time)
EBAN, CorkBIC and the European Investment Project Portal and key partners Cork City Council, Cork County Council and EY are pleased to invite you to the Changing Worlds Online Webinar, an afternoon event on Thursday June 11th including:
- Deep Tech Dive Panel Discussion on Disruption Across Sectors due to COVID-19 with a focus on Data & AI and Medtech
- Fireside Interviews with Leading Entrepreneurs, Investors and Corporates
- Global Investor Challenge – pitching event for Startups & Scaleups
Announcing Speakers and Participants for Changing Worlds
Hermann Hauser – Entrepreneur & Angel Investor
Serial entrepreneur, angel investor, co-founder of Amadeus Capital, Hermann Hauser has successfully developed and financed 150 plus high-tech companies whilst offering inspiration and mentorship to the next generation of entrepreneurs.
Julian Costley – Entrepreneur & Angel Investor
An active angel investor in technology and media companies and serves as a chairman or non-executive director on a number of boards. He has just completed a book on crowdfunding; How To: Use Crowdfunding.
Julian Costley will be chatting to Hermann Hauser looking at a new future post Covid-19;
- What sectors are ripe for disruption now and in the near future?
- Creating startups, seeking funds, getting the right team, determination, pivoting, and planning for exit. What excites you at moment?
- What’s the global impact of COVID-19 and the subsequent recession?
Edna Conway – VP & GM, Global Security, Risk & Compliance, Azure at Microsoft
Edna is globally recognised for value chain security and will be discussing Security in a Connected World
Neil Gibson, Chief Economist, EY
Neil will be sharing some insights into how different sectors have been affected; Emerging Trends & looking at possible exit strategies.
Colin Mason, Professor of Entrepreneurship, University of Glasgow
The Corona Virus Economic Crisis: Its impact on Venture Capital & High Growth Enterprises
Who Should Attend?
- Inviting Investors, Entrepreneurs, Scaleups & Startups to attend & participate in this interactive afternoon event
- Corporates and Professional Services attend to see the latest innovations from some of Europe’s hottest Startups & Scaleup companies
- Startups and Scaleups can apply to pitch during the Global Investor Challenge, see below
Global Investor Challenge Pitching Event
June 11th (during the Changing Worlds Event)
Applications are Now Closed
- 50 Applications were received from right across Europe
- A short list will be released shortly
- 4 Companies will be chosen to pitch at the Global Investor Challenge during the Changing Worlds Event
- More details coming soon on Companies pitching, judges etc.